Category Buyer (Boston)
BSc / MSc
Category Buyer (Boston)
Prodrive Technologies delivers products, solutions and value-added services in electronic, mechatronic and mechanical manufacturing. Prodrive’s customers include original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original design manufacturers (ODMs), operating in semiconductor, automotive, energy and infrastructure, industrial and medical markets.
The growth of Prodrive Technologies led to different facilities all over the world, including the Boston facility. In 2019 the new US headquarters will be opened in the Boston area (Canton, MA). Therefore we are looking for a Category Buyer. In this role you will be one of our first Buyers in the United States and responsible for setting up the complete supply chain.
Do you see yourself working as one of the first employees at Prodrive Technologies Inc.?
As Category Buyer you are end-to-end responsible for the performance of your own purchasing category. General categories are: Electronics, Electromechanics, Mechanics, Modules, PCB, Services and Non-Product-Related. Your responsibilities in this internationally oriented position (Son, Suzhou, Boston) include:
- Determining and executing the strategy for your category;
- Managing your own set of suppliers and manufacturers;
- Sourcing of highly complex and innovative technologies;
- Selection of new (inter)national suppliers;
- Negotiating long-term, strategic agreements, maximizing the supplier/manufacturer added value to Prodrive Technologies;
- Maintaining the relationship with your suppliers and regularly evaluate their performance.
- Executing strong contract management, making sure suppliers fulfil their commercial and contractual commitments.
- Expanding global collaborations with suppliers, e.g. by translating local to global agreements;
- Possibility to be involved in improvement projects, e.g. integration of the mutual supply chain processes.
If you’re looking for an independent purchasing position, key to Prodrive’s and our customers’ success and with a high spend responsibility, this is the position for you!
- Bachelor or Master degree, technical or business oriented;
- Experience in technical (work or study) environment is preferred;
- You are result driven, persuasive and structured;
- You have the desire and drive to excel in your field of work;
- Experience in purchasing is preferred;
- a passion for technology.
When you are able to prove that you are the perfect fit for our job, you will be rewarded in many ways: you will get the chance to develop yourself as a person, gain extensive knowledge and develop your career in multiple directions. Your development will be guaranteed by your personal development plan which will be reviewed regularly. Besides that, you will – naturally – be offered a market competitive salary and outstanding secondary conditions. Your salary growth is in line with your own professional development so it can grow fast and you will even get the opportunity to become a shareholder. All this at an employer that has achieved an average annual growth of 25% over the last 20 years!
There are only few companies in the world of technology which stand out. According to our customers Prodrive Technologies is one of them. Our company was founded in 1993 by technical professionals from the Eindhoven University of Technology. Since then every year Prodrive Technologies has shown a steep growth rate due to a very successful business concept in a young and dynamic organization (average age 28 years). Currently the total Prodrive Technologies organization consists of over 1.300 (1.100 FTE) employees which are highly skilled, highly motivated and focused on results.
Apply for Category Buyer
Thank you for your application!
An e-mail has been sent with further information.