Prodrive Technologies’ Heterogeneous Processing System (PHPS) provides a resilient backplane enclosure for use in embedded markets where long lifecycles and high reliability are key. The PHPS provides systems engineers with the interconnect fabric for a variety of IO and processing plug-in cards.
The PHPS is a MicroTCA (µTCA) shelf that can host up to eight full-size AdvancedTCA Mezzanine Cards (AMCs) and up to two dual-slot PCI Express (PCIe) cards. On top of this, it has MicroTCA Carrier Hub (MCH) functionality integrated, saving costs.
Supporting both PCIe add-in cards and AMCs in a single system offers flexibility to applications engineers and enables product managers to maximize their ROI. Processing and storage cards can be gradually upgraded as requirements become more stringent over the product’s life cycle; the enclosure itself can be left untouched. These upgrade possibilities minimize time to value for new features and keep non-recurring engineering investments to a minimum.
The backplane, the backbone for any application in the PHPS, provides the second level of flexibility. Each AMC slot is equipped with Gigabit Ethernet and an IPMI management interface. The fabric channels of each AMC are organized in a point-to-point or mesh topology. Supported protocols on the AMCs include Serial RapidIO, PCI Express, SATA, 10 and 40 Gigabit Ethernet.
The MicroTCA Carrier Hub (MCH) is integrated into the backplane, improving reliability and reducing cost of a traditional setup, with separate MCH. Its secure management interface, based on industry-standard IPMI v2.0, provides an in-depth, remote accessible view on system diagnostics and inventory identification. Users can view and change system policies such as cooling and more.
‘Standard PC’-like configurations are facilitated by the PHPS-4A2P, with its PCI Express 3.0 based backplane. Add-ins such as graphics cards and frame grabbers are supported.
Other backplane options include a point-to-point, fabric agnostic topology for e.g. telco applications and a low-latency, packet switched Serial RapidIO topology for any-to-any communication in a hard real-time environment.
Optimization and customization
If required, Prodrive Technologies can further optimize off-the-shelf solutions offerings, to meet the needs of your applications.
- Optimized performance per Watt / $ / m3
- APIs to accelerate application development
- Blade and rack form factors
- Air and liquid cooling
- Cabinet integration
- System level diagnostics tooling
- High-speed IO integration
- Extended lifecycle management
- Extended warranty, up to 7 years
- NEBS/ETSI pre-certified for fast time to market
Contact your Prodrive sales team for more information.
MicroTCA and heterogeneous processing system:
- EIA 19”, 2U or 3U enclosure
- Up to 8 full-size, single-width AMC sites
- Up to 2 dual-slot, full-length PCI Express slots
- Up to 80W per AMC
- Up to 225W per PCIe card
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet for all AMCs
- Integrated MicroTCA Controller Hub
- Front Gigabit Ethernet
- 100/240VAC power supply
- RoHS, WEEE compliant
- Up to 7 years warranty
Flexible backplane options:
- Point-to-point connectivity
- x1/x2/x4/x8/x16 ports any two AMCs
- Switched PCI Express 3.0
- PCIe 3.0 switched between AMCs and PCIe slots
- Switched RapidIO 10xN (50Gbps per port)
- SRIO 3.1 switched between AMCs
- Backplane customization for optimized solutions