Category Buyer (Boston)
BSc / MSc
Category Buyer (Boston)
Prodrive Technologies delivers products, solutions and value-added services in electronic, mechatronic and mechanical manufacturing. Prodrive’s customers include original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original design manufacturers (ODMs), operating in semiconductor, automotive, energy and infrastructure, industrial and medical markets.
The growth of Prodrive Technologies led to different facilities all over the world, including the Boston facility. In 2019 the new US headquarters will be opened in the Boston area (Canton, MA). Therefore we are looking for a Category Buyer. In this role you will be one of our first Buyers in the United States and responsible for setting up the complete supply chain.
Do you see yourself working as one of the first employees at Prodrive Technologies Inc.?
As Category Buyer you are end-to-end responsible for the performance of your own purchasing category. General categories are: Electronics, Electromechanics, Mechanics, Modules, PCB, Services and Non-Product-Related. Your responsibilities in this internationally oriented position (Son, Suzhou, Boston) include:
- Determining and executing the strategy for your category;
- Managing your own set of suppliers and manufacturers;
- Sourcing of highly complex and innovative technologies;
- Selection of new (inter)national suppliers;
- Negotiating long-term, strategic agreements, maximizing the supplier/manufacturer added value to Prodrive Technologies;
- Maintaining the relationship with your suppliers and regularly evaluate their performance.
- Executing strong contract management, making sure suppliers fulfil their commercial and contractual commitments.
- Expanding global collaborations with suppliers, e.g. by translating local to global agreements;
- Possibility to be involved in improvement projects, e.g. integration of the mutual supply chain processes.
If you’re looking for an independent purchasing position, key to Prodrive’s and our customers’ success and with a high spend responsibility, this is the position for you!
- Bachelor or Master degree, technical or business oriented;
- Experience in technical (work or study) environment is preferred;
- You are result driven, persuasive and structured;
- You have the desire and drive to excel in your field of work;
- Experience in purchasing is preferred;
- a passion for technology.
Apply for Category Buyer