Before starting my journey at Prodrive, I already knew a lot about the company from my friends who worked there. They all spoke passionately about the challenges they solve in their daily work. During one of these conversations, I found myself thinking: “I also want to be challenged!”.
That thought was my motivation to do my graduation thesis at Prodrive. The company provided me with the freedom to choose any project. When I applied, I was not sure what specific project I wanted to work on. So, HR connected me with colleagues from different projects, which simplified the decision for me.
I am now part of the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) team with whom we are developing an internal product lifecycle management tool. Yes, we could have bought one, but why if we can do it better ourselves? Or at least we think we can. My goal is to improve searching functionality within the tool. To achieve this, I created my own search language, which is similar to SQL, but specific to the context of the PLM tool.
My day starts with a cup of coffee and a daily stand-up with the team. During the stand-up, we discuss what we are struggling with, how far we have come, or just tell others how our weekend went. After the stand-up, I usually get back to my tasks, which could be either learning, designing, programming, or writing documentation. I love the variety in my tasks.
Despite the times of the pandemic, I feel like I’m part of the team, although we have never met offline. Whenever I got stuck, I turned to my colleagues for help. They were always happy to explore the problem together, which I take as an opportunity to exchange knowledge and learn something new.
Solving challenges kills boredom. Prodrive always has new challenges, so you will never get bored here!
Application software engineer profile
ASP，NET， .NET, c#， f#， SQL, TypeScript, HTML, LESS/CSS和WPF
Pros and cons
Freedom to follow your interests
Flexibility in working hours
Friendly working atmosphere
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions