In 2015 I started working at the magnetics department. We started off small, but the magnetics department has grown larger over the years. Currently, we have an impregnation machine, 2 potting machines, 3 connector welding machines and 13 coil winding machines operating almost around the clock.
My expertise is the encapsulation process. This means I’m not only responsible for the products within this process, but also for the machines that are used. I write maintenance plans for the machines, I’m the contact person for our suppliers and I review products with the development teams. Because of the rapid growth of the company, I’m constantly looking for ways to improve our productivity and quality of products.
One of the best things about my jobs is the diversity, not only of our products, but of our processes as well. The processes of magnetics are intertwined, so I work closely with my colleagues Rens and Joey, who are also Support Engineers.
With the new magnetic elevator (MULTI) project coming up, we are facing several challenges in all processes, so teamwork is key. Our strength is not defined by individuals, but by how all those individuals work together as a team.
Our strength is not defined by individuals, but by how all those individuals work together as a team
Support engineer profile
Pros and cons
Young and enthusiastic colleagues
Flexibility of hours
Variety of markets and products
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions