Being an engineer within Prodrive Technologies, means that I am involved in multidisciplinary teams. With these teams we are developing state-of-the-art systems for all kinds of customer applications over the whole world.
One of these systems is the MULTI propulsion system for the rope less elevator. I am responsible for the mechanical aspects of the system. Most of my time, I spend on: research and development of the system components, meetings with our team and costumer and development of the production processes. Besides the MULTI project, I am involved in several other projects. Some of these projects are focused on the development of new products and some on improving our production processes. One of the most unique things about working here is that you’re involved in developing the first prototypes to setting up the series production process due the fact that almost everything is developed and produced in house!
A typical day for me as mechanical designer could look like this: I’ll start my day with developing a thermal simulation method for our actuators within an elevator shaft. Once I’ve found a new strategy, I discuss it with our system architect and electronics designer. During the discussion it is concluded that this approach could give us a good temperature prediction of our actuators within a typical elevator shaft. I spend the rest of my morning building the new model. In the afternoon I present the new approach our partner (customer). At the end of my day I have some time left which I choose to spend on some generic improvements for the magnetics production factory.
Developing products that will shape our future on a daily basis!
Pros and cons
Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team with creative and ambitious people
A challenging job both on theoretically and practically
Every day is a different one
Developing products and the manufacturing processes for both prototype and series products
Not having enough time to develop all my ideas
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions