Prodrive’s high-tech environment requires a cutting-edge, high freedom, and high security IT infrastructure. The IT department supports this by designing and developing solutions to create a secure and reliable environment while maintaining the users’ freedom and creativity.
I started at Prodrive in my third year of studying ICT, with a part-time service desk job. With the freedom to choose what I wanted to work on, I found fixing security issues to be the most fun. After a while, I was given the opportunity to shape the IT security program. That’s a great responsibility, but with a lot of freedom and a great team, this motivated me to really challenge myself and produce something great.
Today, I want to implement a few safeguards for our endpoint protection software. First thing this morning on my agenda is a meeting I attend from home. The incident response team goes through the incidents they investigated over the last week. We discuss any policy changes we need to make.
Around 10 AM, I arrive at work. A colleague asks me to help investigate an alert; there’s a weird device with no identifiable information attempting a brute force. After a bit of investigating, I managed to find the owner of a notebook connected to the same switch. He tells me that it’s probably an issue with the product he’s developing. We troubleshoot the issue together and I mark the alert as resolved.
I sit down at my desk and join a meeting to discuss a restructuring of our permissions structure. After some minor changes, the plan is approved, and the team can begin implementing the new structure. This will make it more secure and make managing the permissions a lot more manageable.
Information Security Specialist profile
BSc, BEng or MSc in Computer science, IT security or any quantitative or engineering field
Eager to learn, working autonomous and enjoys working on various projects.
Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to succeed. Competitive attitude and the need to constantly keep improving yourself
Strong communication skills
Pros and cons
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions