I got to know Prodrive Technologies through a friend at school. He did an internship here (about 2 years ago), after his internship he quit his old job to start working here. Therefore, I knew I had to keep this company in my sight. To be honest, I also heard a few stories about getting a phone you get when you start working there, so in my third year of my study I gave it a chance and that’s is how I ended up doing my internship here.
My project goal is to design and manufacture a safe storage maintenance spare parts cart for the ovens at our production facility. This means that I need to measure the dimensions of every part that I have to store in my cart and make a 3D model in NX, the CAD software we use. After I have completed my model and have it reviewed by my mentor, I can start producing and assembling the cart; Yes, I take care of the production of my own design. After I finish the production of my own cart, I need to test it on Prodrive Technologies’ production lines, and I need to explain the way of working to the people who are gone work with my cart for the coming years.
I work with my intern mentor Jarno and also with Niels, who support me in every way and are there in case I have questions. I work in an office where other designers also work so if I have a quick question, I can just ask.
You can’t imagine how excited I am, when I think what I am doing! I love the responsibilities that I get as an MBO student: I got the task to design and make a product. On top of that I can explain to others how my creation works after I am sure that it is producible.
I love the responsibilities that I get as an MBO student
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.