I got to know Prodrive Technologies through a friend at school. He did an internship here (about 2 years ago), after his internship he quit his old job to start working here. Therefore, I knew I had to keep this company in my sight. To be honest, I also heard a few stories about getting a phone you get when you start working there, so in my third year of my study I gave it a chance and that’s is how I ended up doing my internship here.
My project goal is to design and manufacture a safe storage maintenance spare parts cart for the ovens at our production facility. This means that I need to measure the dimensions of every part that I have to store in my cart and make a 3D model in NX, the CAD software we use. After I have completed my model and have it reviewed by my mentor, I can start producing and assembling the cart; Yes, I take care of the production of my own design. After I finish the production of my own cart, I need to test it on Prodrive Technologies’ production lines, and I need to explain the way of working to the people who are gone work with my cart for the coming years.
I work with my intern mentor Jarno and also with Niels, who support me in every way and are there in case I have questions. I work in an office where other designers also work so if I have a quick question, I can just ask.
You can’t imagine how excited I am, when I think what I am doing! I love the responsibilities that I get as an MBO student: I got the task to design and make a product. On top of that I can explain to others how my creation works after I am sure that it is producible.
I love the responsibilities that I get as an MBO student
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.