Prodrive is a highly digital company, which comes with a huge amount of data spread across many different applications. At Advanced Analytics, we use our in-house data science platform to combine, process, and visualize our company data. We do this to generate actionable insights about virtually every aspect of the company - this includes our manufacturing processes, finances, supply chain, human resources, and so on. In order to make the best decisions, we need the best possible insight into our (digital) facts.
The first thing that I do on a typical workday is to check the finance dashboards – besides that it is interesting to see how the company is doing on its revenue targets, I also get to fix bugs early in case they pop up. Since a lot of my Python scripts run nightly, a quick check for error notifications is always a good idea. Luckily, issues do not pop up often, and if they do, they can normally be fixed quickly with the help of our data infrastructure team.
I usually spend the better part of the day on activities related to dashboard development: analyzing data, programming data processing scripts, creating reports with business intelligence tools, writing documentation, etc. However, I never have a workday that only consists of solo development work: there’s always a lot of interaction with end-users, be it in the form of answering questions, brainstorming new features, or getting feedback on a new report. However, I also collaborate a lot with colleague data engineers, for instance by reviewing their work or sharing handy new shortcuts in our IDE.
When late afternoon comes in, I often feel like it is high time for some physical exercise. So, I then go for a workout in the Prodrive gym to clear up my mind. After that, I might call it a day and go back home, or I might eat a nice evening meal at Prodrive and work for a few more hours. Never because I really have to, but always because I like my work and because I really want to make an impact with the stuff that I am building. I really like the freedom of working at Prodrive – you can pursue your data-heavy ideas to improve the company as much as you like and at the time of the day you like.
The value is not in the dashboard itself, but in the impact of the insights on the company.
Data Engineer profile
BSc, BEng, MSc or PhD in Data Science, in Engineering or any quantitative or engineering field (econometrics, computer science, etc.)
Preferred: programming skills (either school, professional, or hobby projects. Show us!)
Eager to learn about the manufacturing processes and systems
Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to succeed
Competitive attitude and the need to constantly keep improving yourself
Strong communication skills
Pros and cons
Nice balance between talking to end-users and development work
Working together with many different people across Prodrive
Equality and no management layers
Ability to choose last-minute to work at Prodrive or to work from home (or both!)
Learning a lot from talented colleagues
Other Prodrivers always have too many cool ideas for new dashboards at the same time
Funny chat messages from colleagues distract me from work
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- On campus sports facilities
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.