My current project, which started as my graduation project, is to create a program that generates certificates or passwords, which are programmed into products that are manufactured in our own factory.
While that might sound easy, it easily becomes complex when you factor in scalability, globalization, and security. Especially with security, you really can’t afford to make any mistakes. Furthermore, demands from the factory change often, which makes every day unique.
I always start my day around 9 AM. After either logging in from home or arriving at the office, the first thing I do is get a coffee and review some code. Soon it’s time for the daily stand-up with my co-workers, where we discuss who will be working on which item for the day.
After this stand-up, I usually grab another coffee and might discuss relevant issues and updates with our stakeholders. After that, I’ll start either working on documentation or writing code. It won’t be long until it’s time to head to the company gym for my daily workouts.
When returning from the gym with some of my co-workers, it’s time to grab some lunch. Our own catering provides delicious meals to keep all of us happy and healthy.
After lunch, I get back to work. Around 3 PM, I will have a break together with my coworkers where we talk about anything we want to discuss. After this break meeting, it’s time to do some more code reviews and coding.
Before I know it, it’s already time for dinner. The catering team always surprises me with what they put on the menu. After dinner, I might write or review some more code before it’s already time to go home.
Engineering has as many social challenges as technical challenges.
Application software engineer profile
ASP，NET， .NET, c#， f#， SQL, TypeScript, HTML, LESS/CSS和WPF
Pros and cons
Challenging work environment
Company values emphasize on equality
Excellent secondary terms of employment
We do have to write documentation
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions