I started at Prodrive Technologies as a third-year Software Engineering student, still unsure of what exactly I wanted to do with my career. Prodrive gave me the opportunity to explore different fields, technologies, and projects, and helped me to learn more about myself.
My day at work always begins at 7 AM with a workout at the gym. It is amazing that Prodrive gives me the opportunity to do sports at the campus before work. Then, work starts with checking the pull requests I’ve submitted for code review or preparing for early meetings. I love reading nice jokes left by my colleagues in the comments of my pull requests. They get the day started properly. Afterward, I focus on the tasks that have to be completed for the day or week and sometimes distract myself with funny team chats with my colleagues.
I’m currently working on “renovating” the Prodrive Robot Solutions (PRS) application by re-designing its architecture and modernizing the application using new technologies. The PRS application is a solution designed to work as the middleman between technicians, in-house automation cells, and other systems for product assembly operations. It can interact with physical inputs and outputs, as well as any other system within the Prodrive infrastructure. I find this project the perfect opportunity to learn new software concepts, programming patterns, and modern technologies. It allows me to improve my coding skills and explore the ever-changing world of Software Engineering.
Working in the PRS team involves not only software engineering knowledge, but also knowing a thing or two about the hardware in an automation cell. I, as a person who usually hates hardware and has no experience with embedded programming, jumped way out of my comfort zone when joining this project. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I’m not going to lie, I am still afraid of the big robots in the cells, especially when they are moving. Since I joined the PRS team, I have added a great amount of knowledge, both software and hardware related. Being surrounded by so many smart people is amazing because you learn so much. And that is the best thing about Prodrive. It provides you with many opportunities to grow, improve and express yourself.
Personal improvement is the one thing a person should never stop investing time or resources in.
Application software engineer profile
ASP，NET， .NET, c#， f#， SQL, TypeScript, HTML, LESS/CSS和WPF
Pros and cons
Many project/work opportunities
Great benefits for employees
Super fun and smart colleagues
Flexible work hours
The coffee can be better
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions