Normally I get in the office somewhere between 8:00 and 9:30. The working hours are flexible as long as you get your work done and live up to the agreements you make, so I like to make use of this flexibility. I start my working day by checking and prioritizing the tasks on my to-do list. Typically, these tasks consist out of design and CAD work interrupted by some meetings and small experiments that have to be done to verify design choices.
At the moment I’m working on the design of a Voice Coil Actuator (VCM). A VCM is a small electric actuator meant for small strokes and high frequency actuation. This specific VCM will be used to stabilize a vacuum chamber. It’s a design I like to work on because there is a nice balance between subjects and techniques I’m completely new on and things I already have some experience with.
During the day I’m often discussing issues with colleagues. One of the things I like about working here, is that there are many people here with more experience than I have in many different fields of engineering. Because of this I am able to learn a lot. Furthermore, within Prodrive Technologies it is common use to just call someone on spot when you have a question and everyone likes to help. I never feel like I’m asking dumb questions and it helps to solve problems fast.
Of course work is paused for lunch. The lunch is one of the great things that comes with working at Prodrive Technologies. It is included and of great quality. Next to bread there is always soup and salad available.
At the end of the day I cycle back home. Or sometimes, when the weather is good, I go wakeboarding at the cable park at aquabest. Which is ideal since it is just a 5 minute ride from Prodrive Technologies. I really like to end the day at the water.
Nobody makes you feel like you’re asking dumb questions.
Mechanical engineer profile
Pros and cons
Flexible working hours
You can choose or have influence on what kind of project you want to work on
Good atmosphere to learn
Close to the wakeboard park
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application
- Aptitude test
- Employment conditions