Power conversion is an important enabling technology for high precision manufacturing equipment for the semiconductor industry. In the product line ‘Litho Power Systems’ Prodrive Technologies develops and produces power supplies and amplifiers in the KiloWatt power range, with very high accuracy and stability, resulting in PicoMeter (10-12 meter) positioning accuracy. The continuous increasing complexity of the manufacturing equipment will not only demand for more power supplies and amplifiers with improved performance, but also for a smaller footprint and higher reliability.
My day starts with a nice, early bike ride to the headquarters of Prodrive Technologies. This way I’m fresh and focused when arriving at work. I like to start early because my productivity is the highest in the morning. After enjoying my first cup of tea and updating my mailbox, I have my first meeting.
During this meeting the status of the high linearity amplifier is discussed, which was delivered to the customer last week. After the meeting I continue making simulations for a DCDC converter, which will be part of a power cabinet we are developing with a big project team for a high demanding customer. In my role as architect of the DCDC converter, I’m technically responsible for the performance and quality of the final product. I have the overview over the different disciplines, such as electronics, mechanics, software and magnetics. Also, I have technical discussions with our customers to align the specifications. With the other architects within the project I align on generic parts.
At noon colleagues pass by my office to ask if I’m already hungry and if I want to join for lunch with them. After a nice lunch, provided by our kitchen staff, we enjoy a short, sunny walk around the science park.
When coming back from the walk I go to the laboratory. Together with a colleague we are performing linearity measurements on a lab setup. The improvements that were made in firmware need to be verified.
When all tests are successfully executed, I pick up my sport clothing at my office and head for the Prodrive Technologies gym. Here I join the afternoon bootcamp session given by our personal trainer. After the exciting workout I take a shower and bike home.
We can only make outstanding power electronics solutions with the best people and equipment
Digital Electronics Designer profile
BSc, BEng, MSc in Electrical engineering or a related technical education
Pros and cons
Flexible working hours
Being able to follow your own passion
Availability of sporting facilities on the grounds
Cozy offices with an open door policy
Some lunch salads contain fish
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Overtime hours can be completely paid out
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.