At the Conventional PCB Assembly Line (CAL) millions of components are sorted, prepared, placed and soldered on PCBs using a mix of (semi)automated equipment. High on the agenda are automation of processes (production and inspection) to deal with the challenges of a steadily increasing product complexity.
My initial year at Prodrive I worked as mechanical engineer on multiple interesting projects. Right from the start of my employment, I was trusted and given responsibilities that in most other companies, would take me several years to earn. I was trusted as a lead mechanical engineer on complex projects that required me to create designs, perform structural analysis, review with colleagues, perform tests, etc. When unsure or when in need of some advice, Prodrive employees were always eager and willing to help. I can confidently say that I have learned more in my time at Prodrive than I have at any other company that I have worked for. The more I learn, the more interested I am in diversifying my knowledge base. Another great aspect about Prodrive is that if you are interested in an area that you do not have great experience on, you can be assigned to a project to learn more on that topic. The opportunities are endless, all you have to do is be proactive and communicate your desires.
In my second year at Prodrive, I am now on the newly formed Prodrive USA team. I am responsible for facilities, system assembly, as well as some designer input. Every day is an exciting adventure in the process of setting up the factory for production and with every situation that arises, we grow more and more. It is a great feeling being an integral part of Prodrive USA and seeing it grow and expand.
Something that separates Prodrive from other companies is the eagerness and willingness of highly educated colleagues to help you grow as an employee.
Pros and cons
Acces to an endless pool of knowledge with coworkers
Flexible hours to allow you to work at your best
How can we run our current operations in a smarter way? Which new production technologies are hot and how will they fit into our strategy and way of working? How should we organize your process in Boston? How will you manage the integration of this new machinery?
Just a few topics which arise in my daily life. It can be quite challenging to keep all the balls in the air, but I can always trust on the dedication and helpfulness of my skilled colleagues. Together with people from other departments I make sure that a part of Prodrive's production process works like a well-oiled machine.
Linking all the different aspects of a (production) process is what makes my job a lot of fun. It requires in-depth technical knowledge while taking into mind the bigger picture – a complex challenge, but a rewarding one!
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always got
Process engineer profile
BSc, BEng or MSc in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering or Applied physics or a related technical education
Strong analytical skills
Authorized to work in the US (for Boston/Canton Branch applicants only)
Pros and cons
Freedom to take ownership and apply own way of working
Working with the latest production technologies
Prodrive really takes care of their people
There are so many interesting challenges you must become picky
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Overtime hours can be completely paid out
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.