The manufacturing automation product line is part of the Industrial Automation program which focuses on our goal of a Lights Out Factory. The product line is responsible for the development of manufacturing processes to minimize human intervention, cycle times, risks and costs. In the Industrial Automation program, there are several projects working towards our goal, such as the Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), an in-house developed Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and automated test environments.
The best part of my job is the possibility to create new things. Together with a group of software, electrical and mechanical engineers, I am responsible for the manufacturing automation of Prodrive Technologies. That means that it is our job to define, develop and realize automated solutions in order to increase quality, create short throughput times and work towards an unmanned production environment. The combination of engineering, testing and the integration with other disciplines is one of the things that drives me most.
Currently, we are working on a new platform which allows us to develop generic building blocks within software, electronics and mechanics. Our main focus is the automation of functionalities in order to easily create automated assembly lines for high volume production. Examples of functionalities are automated dispensing, pick and place, laser-marking and screwing.
Another important building block is the automation cell, which can be used for every functionality. The cell exists of a base plate, safety enclosure, product transport equipment and interfaces to mount a robot arm, vision set-up or cartesian system. Next to the mechanical properties, the manufacturability and ability to transport the cell, which allows the production environment to assemble the cells fast and easy, is of high importance.
The cell also contains an electrical and pneumatical control cabinet. These cabinets are designed such that every automation cell contains the same components, but the implementation of control for specific equipment in the automated solution remains easy. Using similar cells for different functionalities is helpful for problem solving and maintenance.
With these building blocks, our own developed software architecture and the building blocks described above, it is possible to realize an automated production environment very quickly.
The combination of technical knowledge, a vision and even fantasy in some cases, can lead to the coolest things
Pros and cons
Possibility to invent new things
Work with multiple disciplines within the organization
Being responsible for your own designs
Being part of the complete product development cycle
Free lunch, dinner and fruit
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.