Embedded Software Engineer, Kubernetes Software Engineer
During my Electrical Engineering bachelor, I started working at Prodrive Technologies as a Software Engineer (everything is possible at Prodrive Technologies). After working on our own internally developed native iOS apps (Swift) for a while, I picked up full responsibility for these apps. Currently, I’m creating an automated build pipeline with one-click deployment. However, these are just side projects. My main activity is developing a fully automated test which is used to validate our own Zeus server platform (over 2000 Xeon cores in a single cabinet). Testing involves everything from inspecting the RAM configuration, validating internal voltage monitors to stress testing this beast! Because production, development and testing are done under the same roof, the collaboration is great. This allows us to quickly adapt to issues which arise in these different production phases.
In the afternoon, I sneak away for some lectures at the university and I try to be back for our (free) dinner. After dinner, I finish some more tasks, commit and push my code and go to the gym with Douwe.
The provided meals save a lot of time and together with the flexible working hours they currently allow me to combine a fulltime master with a part-time job. Even though I often arrive at 10:30, I still get taken seriously by my colleagues. Prodrive Technologies is the ultimate life-hack for students.
Prodrive Technologies blue is 0x0095da
Pros and cons
Having a lot of great colleagues around
Freedom: free food, free gym
A lot of variety in the job
Hard to focus on my masters when work is so much fun
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.