Frank| Mechanical engineering
My dad is a mechanic and he has his own company. On Saturdays I worked with him on different machines like cars, but also tractors, etc. Here my interest in cars and the automotive industry started. When I was orienting myself for a graduation project, I contacted my supervisor Nick Rosielle from TU/e to ask him if he knew a company where I could do a project in automotive. He invited Ron, who is now my colleague at Prodrive Technologies, at the TU/e to introduce the conductive hands-free charging project to us. I chose the project, since it is one of my personal interests and it was a very challenging project. The system needs to deliver a certain amount of force to realize a conductive connection between the connector and the charging inlet. Once the system is connected, the system should deliver a holding force (to keep the connection) and be compliant in different directions at the same time. Compliance is needed, since the vehicle can move due to passengers who get in/out, loading/unloading of luggage. The system should be able to connect to SUV car models and sportscar models, which means that the stroke of the system should be sufficiently large. Once the system is in rest position, it should be possible to drive over it with a car tire, so the housing of the system should be designed sufficiently stiff. Every Monday during the project I had a meeting with Nick Rosielle about the progress of the project. We discussed about different design choices and generated new ideas. At Prodrive I had one or two progress meetings during the week with Ron where we also discussed about the design of the system. If I had specific technical questions I could walk to an engineer’s office and ask him/her if they could help me. They were always willing to help me which was very nice!
My colleagues were always willing to help me which was very nice!
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.