Improving assembly efficiency
Before I started my internship at Prodrive Technologies I already worked here for quite some time as a team leader. Therefore, my internship became a combination of fulfilling my team leader function within the cleanroom (2 days a week) and working on a project to improve assembly efficiency within operations (3 days a week). The combination of my team leader function with an interesting project within operations results in an internship that is dynamic and challenging.
I like the operations environment because it is very dynamic, and I must deal with a big group of various characters and nationalities.
My project goal is to define whether "augmented reality" can improve the current assembly efficiency by attaching a vision system to Prodrive technologies their existing workstations to guide operators during assembly. Within my project I decide what are my priorities and my mentor is purely there to review my work and check whether I have overthought my decisions. This gives a feeling of trust and responsibility. For me this is very motivating.
I like the operations environment because it is very dynamic
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.