LCAs reveal the hidden impact of our choices, allowing us to implement steps to minimize them.
In 2022, a team of sustainability specialists and mechanical engineers completed Prodrive’s first environmental life cycle assessment (LCA) within the power conversion technology program. In this case, we wanted to assess the environmental impact of our white label AC charger (WLAC) and understand what changes should be implemented so we can develop a more sustainable charger in the future.
During the assessment we looked at the environmental impact including carbon footprint, ecotoxicity, human toxicity and resource scarcity across the entire product life cycle. This includes everything from raw material acquisition to product assembly, transportation, use of the product and end of life.
The results showed that the use phase of the charger creates the largest environmental impact and that quick wins can be achieved by optimizing logistical movements, internal processes and making smart material choices.
We have the ambition to expand our expertise regarding LCAs to other programs and projects within Prodrive. We are continuously seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented students to join us as LCA interns. If you are familiar with life cycle assessments, we encourage you to apply!
On a given day as an intern, you may start the day working out at our Provide Gym, followed by a review meeting with your team to discuss progress on the project or consulting with a product designer to discover where sustainable product changes can be made. Other days may be spent doing desk work by gathering and reviewing the necessary data to complete the LCA. Your day may be broken up by having a healthy and delicious lunch in our canteen taking a refreshing walk outside.
LCAs reveal the hidden impact of our choices, allowing us to implement steps to minimize them
Pros and cons
Flexible working hours
You are a gamechanger by working on a project that is relatively new to the company
Fun and engaging working environment
Challenging due to the lack of industry data on Life Cycle Assessments
Less engaging topics covered such as uncertainty analysis, GHG reporting, and impact calculations
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.