Thomas| Mechanical engineering
I like to start off my day with a cup of coffee and checking if the simulations that I had running overnight show good results. I set up new simulations and work on documentation or other projects while the simulations are running. On some days I have progress meetings with my coaches to discuss the latest results of the research, on other days I can work a full day without interruption. When I work from my office, I visit the Prodrive gym in the afternoon and often stay for dinner too.
I started my career at Prodrive Technologies as a graduation intern and I was offered a full-time contract during the internship. I love that I was given the opportunity to continue the research after I graduate, to become an expert in my field of work. Prodrive Technologies treats its interns equally to its employees. I was given the same freedom, responsibilities and resources any other colleague would receive.
The work I do during my graduation is very theoretical, so I like to combine it with small practical projects to also broaden my knowledge of mechanical design and recruitment. I found that you can accomplish many things within Prodrive Technologies if you are willing to put in the effort. There’s a very pleasant culture between colleagues which makes communication very easy.
The research we are performing within the Prodrive Power Modules project is ground-breaking. We want to create the most efficient power switching devices by considering many different aspects of the system (materials, production methods, etc.). My research focuses on the cooling of this device, by applying topology optimization to automatically create an optimized cooling layout. If we reach in our goal, these Power Modules can become a core component in many future power electronics systems.
I found that you can accomplish many things within Prodrive Technologies if you are willing to put in the effort.
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.