The Rotating Motors and Actuators product line focuses on cutting edge motoring and actuating solutions. We develop advanced technology solutions for the automotive, industrial and medical markets, which ranges from high speed motors and generators (such as electrically assisted turbochargers and blower applications with active magnetic bearings) to high precision or high speed rotating actuators.
I like designing things that are on the edge of what’s technologically possible, while still being practical enough to be able to bring it to the masses. For me, this usually means pushing materials and designs to their limits, or working with suppliers to go even beyond those limits. This frequently involves having discussions with colleagues and customers to define goals for the products we’re designing. Getting a feel of what’s actually important to customers, and what’s not, also plays a big role in this.
Overall, these goals usually still remain very ambitious, so I usually spend my days doing research and figuring out ways to achieve them. This may seem simple, but it’s not, because we want to design a product that’s competitively priced, but also outperforms the competition. This means designing to achieve the highest power density, best dynamic performance, highest energy efficiency and lowest production cost. These are obviously conflicting characteristics, so usually I end up drafting multiple concepts until I end up with one that meets our goals the best.
After choosing the final concept, I start with the actual design, going from concept to actual functional prototypes. Once these prototypes are available, I thoroughly put them through their paces together with the rest of the team. This allows us to check if we achieved all the goals we set for the product, and adjust the design if necessary. When no further adjustments are necessary, the product can go into production.
Since I’m involved with a certain product from conceptualization to full series production, I’m always doing different things. This means there’s never a dull moment at Prodrive Technologies.
Never a dull moment at Prodrive Technologies
Pros and cons
Fully flexible working hours
Developing a product from concept to production
Nice working environment
Working with talented people
Discussing products with high-profile customers
Company gym with fitness instructor
Free lunch and dinner
No pool table
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.