As sales manager, you are globally responsible for Product Sales at Prodrive Technologies. Your activities include international sales and business development and being the linking pin between the customer, internal products, project teams, operations, customer service and legal.
We are creating some of the most innovative technology solutions and I get to bring them to the customer as a Sales Manager. Creating awareness that something new is happening at Prodrive Technologies and applying it for a customer is what motivates me the most. It’s always something new and we always aim for the next step. This is challenging, as you have to keep up with the high pace of our innovation and drive it, find the leads and take a deep dive. Here, I’m taking advantage of my engineering background, but luckily we also have specialists in all fields.
I could be traveling to a new potential customer in the USA, China or sitting down with a cup of coffee or tea for some creative inspirations. I could be creating a new sales slide for one of our new products or how to approach a new lead. What makes them tick and how do they make decisions? How do I close this deal, or help a customer to understand what he needs and not what I thinks he wants?
There is one thing in common in all my activities: I’m the linking pin between customer needs and value we bring as a company. I need to find the right mix of all those ingredients between technologies, people and in the end value.
I love technology, but without the people, it just doesn’t work
Sales manager profile
BSc, BEng or MSc Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering
Master the English language -- Dutch is a plus
Proactive and enterprising
Experience in sales (not required)
Affinity with commerce and technology
Authorized to work in the US (for Boston/Canton Branch applicants only)
Pros and cons
Working with the big brands out there
Working (and closing) a multi-million euro sale gives a you an adrenaline boost
Working on exciting new applications & technologies nobody has seen yet
Traveling; I see a lot of places
I like to be on the winning team, I’m a bad loser
My phone battery is always dead end of the day
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Overtime hours can be completely paid out
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.