Embedded Software Engineer, Automotive Software Engineer
Last night, I did not sleep very well… I am currently implementing the Vehicle-2-Grid communication protocol, which allows our charging solutions to communicate to the electric vehicle it is supposed to charge. However, for some reason it never stops charging. Somehow the charging station does not understand when the vehicle is fully charged.
So, my morning was going to be classic; debugging. I headed into the laboratory and fired up my development system. I have a very nice electric vehicle simulation box that makes debugging a lot easier. Luckily, I found the bug. It appeared to be a faulty implementation in the open source code that I reused for this project.
A quick update to resolve the bug and we’re ready to test our charging system on that Tesla that I’ve seen in the parking garage for several times now.
Besides my activities as software engineer, I’m also involved in the ISO 15118 standardization committee. Being part of this committee allows me to get to know other companies involved in the same field and discuss with them how the future of electric vehicle charging is going to look like. Did I already mention that these meetings are all over the world?
Aim for the stars; then plan to make it happen
Pros and cons
Developing state-of-the-art charging solutions
I can borrow my co-worker’s Tesla for testing
Working in a team full of passionate people
Bugs haunt me at night
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.