Embedded Software Engineer, Automotive Software Engineer
Last night, I did not sleep very well… I am currently implementing the Vehicle-2-Grid communication protocol, which allows our charging solutions to communicate to the electric vehicle it is supposed to charge. However, for some reason it never stops charging. Somehow the charging station does not understand when the vehicle is fully charged.
So, my morning was going to be classic; debugging. I headed into the laboratory and fired up my development system. I have a very nice electric vehicle simulation box that makes debugging a lot easier. Luckily, I found the bug. It appeared to be a faulty implementation in the open source code that I reused for this project.
A quick update to resolve the bug and we’re ready to test our charging system on that Tesla that I’ve seen in the parking garage for several times now.
Besides my activities as software engineer, I’m also involved in the ISO 15118 standardization committee. Being part of this committee allows me to get to know other companies involved in the same field and discuss with them how the future of electric vehicle charging is going to look like. Did I already mention that these meetings are all over the world?
Aim for the stars; then plan to make it happen
Embedded Software Engineer profile
BSc, BEng or MSc in Computer Science, Embedded Systems or related study
C / C++ knowledge for embedded microcontrollers/Linux
Python knowledge for testing and scripting
Affinity with (C)Make/Bazel/Yocto is preferred
Linux, shell knowledge for embedded Linux
Affinity with continuous integration, or any CI specific program knowledge
Pros and cons
Developing state-of-the-art charging solutions
I can borrow my co-worker’s Tesla for testing
Working in a team full of passionate people
Bugs haunt me at night
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.