Application Software Engineer
I get to the office and head straight to the coffee machine to start my morning. A small chat with a team member in the kitchen pantry about a nasty bug that we encountered yesterday - is a must.
Returning to my desk, and after the first sip of coffee - I am ready for work. I check my emails and see a meeting invite for a knowledge-sharing session about creating design mock-ups in Adobe XD. Mark accepted, definitely will be helpful to check out the tips and tricks for it.
I check out the new pull requests to review before heading to our morning stand-up meeting. Getting up to date with the progress of the team members, planning for the day – the meeting goes as usual. Afterward, I decided to get another coffee and some snacks and work on the implementation of a new feature for processing job applications. Can’t wait to finish it since I know it will boost the hiring process and help bring even more talented people to the company. Headphones with some music to concentrate.
I dive out of the code when a fellow developer Petar drops by my office room asking if I want to go to lunch now. I didn’t even notice it was lunchtime already! Full speed to canteen since it’s burrito day, discussing the new marvel movies on the way.
A meeting with the customer in the afternoon to verify some requirements, a pair programming session to tackle some issues and it’s time to wrap the day up…
…Or so I thought. It’s 22:35, I am at home and feel bored. Suddenly I have a brilliant idea about how I can improve the feature I was working on today! To not miss this wave of inspiration, I connect to my work laptop remotely, clock in, and do some coding. Paid extra working hours for me and a big improvement for the system! Satisfied, I head to bed, excited to tell everyone about my cool code improvement during tomorrow’s stand-up meeting.
Perfect environment for enthusiastic people who are in love with software development
Pros and cons
Freedom and flexibility for working hours, projects, and decision-making process
Amazing enthusiastic and responsible colleagues
Gadgets, free food, paid excess work hours
Hard to go home when enjoying the work so much
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.