Application Software Engineer
I started at Prodrive Technologies as a third-year Software Engineering student, still unsure of what exactly I wanted to do with my career. Prodrive gave me the opportunity to explore different fields, technologies, and projects, and helped me to learn more about myself.
My day at work always begins at 7 AM with a workout at the gym. It is amazing that Prodrive gives me the opportunity to do sports at the campus before work. Then, work starts with checking the pull requests I’ve submitted for code review or preparing for early meetings. I love reading nice jokes left by my colleagues in the comments of my pull requests. They get the day started properly. Afterward, I focus on the tasks that have to be completed for the day or week and sometimes distract myself with funny team chats with my colleagues.
I’m currently working on “renovating” the Prodrive Robot Solutions (PRS) application by re-designing its architecture and modernizing the application using new technologies. The PRS application is a solution designed to work as the middleman between technicians, in-house automation cells, and other systems for product assembly operations. It can interact with physical inputs and outputs, as well as any other system within the Prodrive infrastructure. I find this project the perfect opportunity to learn new software concepts, programming patterns, and modern technologies. It allows me to improve my coding skills and explore the ever-changing world of Software Engineering.
Working in the PRS team involves not only software engineering knowledge, but also knowing a thing or two about the hardware in an automation cell. I, as a person who usually hates hardware and has no experience with embedded programming, jumped way out of my comfort zone when joining this project. That was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I’m not going to lie, I am still afraid of the big robots in the cells, especially when they are moving. Since I joined the PRS team, I have added a great amount of knowledge, both software and hardware related. Being surrounded by so many smart people is amazing because you learn so much. And that is the best thing about Prodrive. It provides you with many opportunities to grow, improve and express yourself.
Personal improvement is the one thing a person should never stop investing time or resources in.
Pros and cons
Many project/work opportunities
Great benefits for employees
Super fun and smart colleagues
Flexible work hours
The coffee can be better
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.