Application Software Engineer
My current project, which started as my graduation project, is to create a program that generates certificates or passwords, which are programmed into products that are manufactured in our own factory.
While that might sound easy, it easily becomes complex when you factor in scalability, globalization, and security. Especially with security, you really can’t afford to make any mistakes. Furthermore, demands from the factory change often, which makes every day unique.
I always start my day around 9 AM. After either logging in from home or arriving at the office, the first thing I do is get a coffee and review some code. Soon it’s time for the daily stand-up with my co-workers, where we discuss who will be working on which item for the day.
After this stand-up, I usually grab another coffee and might discuss relevant issues and updates with our stakeholders. After that, I’ll start either working on documentation or writing code. It won’t be long until it’s time to head to the company gym for my daily workouts.
When returning from the gym with some of my co-workers, it’s time to grab some lunch. Our own catering provides delicious meals to keep all of us happy and healthy.
After lunch, I get back to work. Around 3 PM, I will have a break together with my coworkers where we talk about anything we want to discuss. After this break meeting, it’s time to do some more code reviews and coding.
Before I know it, it’s already time for dinner. The catering team always surprises me with what they put on the menu. After dinner, I might write or review some more code before it’s already time to go home.
Engineering has as many social challenges as technical challenges.
Pros and cons
Challenging work environment
Company values emphasize on equality
Excellent secondary terms of employment
We do have to write documentation
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.