Application Software Engineer
The day usually starts with a cup of coffee and making a schedule for myself on what to do for that day. The key with this is to not plan too much or things that seem impossible but rather are challenging.
When I have a clear view of the planning of the day, I check my schedule for meetings that are of interest and the mail. After that, I start on the tasks that are planned for the day. When I’m stuck on something or uncertain, I can contact other people working on similar projects on how they solved it and gather new ideas.
Once a week I also have a meeting with the team that I work in, here I present the progress of my project and things I’m stuck on. While also discussing the goals of the upcoming week.
I really like this approach; it gives me the responsibility to plan what to do and gives me a grip on how the project goes. This also means that I carry responsibility for what is discussed and gives me something to be proud of.
There are a million projects with even more ideas at Prodrive, there will always be something interesting for you to do.
Pros and cons
You are treated like a full member of the team from day 1
You will have to take the initiative if you want to get something done
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.