Hi there, nice that you are interested in my journey at Prodrive Technologies! My name is Job (29 years) and I have been working at the company for a while now. As a student, I started part-time in production, and over time I increasingly focused on processes within production, I was given the opportunity to examine how these could be improved. During one lunch break, I joined a discussion with some engineers about gluing components in a certain product, eventually leading me to switch to development. Now I have a unique position as the competence owner of Adhesive Bonding and Material Testing. Recently, I was also involved in the role of global process owner mechanics development, responsible for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness in the mechanics development process. Sounds pretty interesting, right? Let me tell you what it entails and how I contribute as a linking pin in our organization!
At first, I did not know much about adhesives, but because I was broadly educated during my study of applied physics, I knew how to reach the desired level of knowledge on the topic fast. As a physicist, I started with testing and measuring the glue, and I quickly noticed that we were missing certain equipment in our lab. After bringing this up internally, I was asked to set up our material science lab, hence the position of competence owner of adhesive bonding and material testing. Looking into adhesives and running several tests (e.g., mechanical, thermal) turned out to be a good basis since this could also be relevant for other products. Nowadays the team consists of eight Prodrivers who can run all kinds of tests requested by the organization. In a smaller group, we are continuously seeking ways to improve the material lab even further.
In my role as competence owner of adhesive bonding and material testing, I scrutinize all different technologies within our organization. I am responsible for centralizing all the knowledge we gather regarding adhesives and material testing. This way our engineers can apply relevant information to their specific product development, and I can consult them in making decisions about materials and testing to ensure that our meaningful technologies meet the highest possible standards.
Next to the supporting role, I have dived into setting up the adhesive joint design competence and several questions crossed my mind: How do I document a competence correctly? How can I book hours? How do we deal with creating competences within R&D? At Prodrive Technologies we have approximately 600 different competences and we are aiming to further develop quite some of these. Therefore, my mission is to create a strategy for competence development for all of Prodrive Technologies, so that everyone can develop competences well and efficiently, and everybody works with the same mindset and way of working. During the process, I always try to bridge my experiences from manufacturing and development and take the best of both worlds in setting up a solid company-wide strategy for competence development. In my experience when encountering a gap or an opportunity for improvement, I believe in taking a proactive approach can help tackle the challenges at work. Embracing this mindset has been instrumental in shaping every stage of my successful journey at Prodrive Technologies.
At Prodrive Technologies I have the space to work and grow where, when, and how I want. This flexibility allowed me to develop a unique hobby outside of work – keeping more than 80 sheep. It all started with my dog, bred to herd sheep. I took a course with him and was immediately interested in developing his herding skills. However, at the same time, I saw many things that could be improved in the training process, and that is when the “Prodrive mentality” again came into play. I decided to buy sheep myself to determine better ways to enhance my dog’s skills. Every day I realize that I could never have continued this hobby and taken care of 80 sheep next to a full-time job without the trust and space that Prodrive Technologies has given to me.
As a Prodriver, you have to be eager and open to learning new things. The Prodrive mentality is something undeniable. Your opinion is valued from day 1 if you dare to take action and move the company forward. This mentality allows you to create your own unique position within the organization.
Ready to take your spot at Prodrive Technologies? Apply now!
When encountering a gap or an opportunity for improvement, I believe in taking a proactive approach can help tackle the challenges at work.
Pros and cons
Flexible working hours
Young, dynamic environment
Focus on personal development
Indispensable Prodrive mentality – being continuously challenged and the ability to deal with that
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.