Enabling the industrial energy transition
Power conversion will be an important driver to enable the transition from fossil to renewable energy. In a more electrical society power conversion will be required to connect, control and balance the different electricity users with the (distributed) renewable sources. The vision of the product line ‘Industrial Power Systems’ is to enable the industrial energy transition to full electrification and energy storage, by providing grid-connected high-power solutions to industrial and utility partners.
Next week I have to give a presentation to a big German company, to present a technical concept for a one-Gigawatt converter, to connect a Power-to-Gas (P2G) reactor to the electricity grid. The reactor is an innovative concept, which enables storage of surplus renewable energy, such as wind and solar, into gas and feeding it back into the electricity grid when needed.
Large scale storage of electrical energy into gas or liquids is an essential technology to comply with the challenges of the Paris Agreement. My colleagues and I will take care of the power conversion unit, transforming the AC grid voltage into the required DC process voltage. We have prepared the concept presentation with a multidisciplinary team, addressing electrical, mechanical and software solutions. We have to compete with several other suppliers, so we have emphasized the features of our unique solutions to achieve high efficiency and long lifetime for a very competitive price.
The basic concept for this solution was developed in close cooperation with the Eindhoven University of Technology. The technology is protected by a patent where the involved students are listed as inventors. Today we had an intensive discussion with our sales team to estimate our position and determine the price setting and conditions for our proposal. With our fully automated in-house production we can offer high quality for a competitive price. If the proposal is granted by the customer, a multidisciplinary team will be defined with both experienced and junior engineers to realize the power conversion unit.
We need fresh ideas and enthusiasm to move the industry from fossil fuels to renewable energy
Pros and cons
- Contribute to a cleaner planet
- Applying the latest technology in professional products
- Design for in-house production facilities
- Verification in a top-class laboratory
- Work in a multidisciplinary and international team
- Cooperate with the best universities in the world
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.