Improving industrial processes with RF power
Power conversion will an important driver to enable the transition from fossil to renewable energy. In a more electrical society power conversion will be required to connect, control and balance the different electricity users with the (distributed) renewable sources. The vision of the product line ‘Industrial Power Systems’ is to enable the industrial energy transition to full electrification and energy storage, by providing grid-connected high-power solutions to industrial and utility partners.
Last Friday night I came back from a trip to the US to present our RF power solution to various companies along both the west and east coast. It is a very creative patent pending concept which will allow the cutting-edge industrial processes of tomorrow. For this innovative solution, we have collaborated with the Technical University of Eindhoven, like many other products within Prodrive Technologies.
Flexibility plays a key role in my role as system architect. I can start working when I like. I can even work in the middle of the night if I suddenly feel inspired. At Prodrive Technologies we are always facing problems that have never been seen before. Bringing innovative ideas requires a lot of creativity. Flexibility is indispensable for it.
System requirement specification is not my only task. As system architect my daily activities are varied. After the definition of the requirements it is time for describing the overall system, its functional blocks and interfaces. Highly complex solutions for the industry demands the interaction of many kinds of expertise from analog electronics to software and mechanics.
Highly complex solutions for the industry demands the synergy of many kinds of expertise
System architect profile
- BSc, BEng, MSc or PhD in engineering
- Social and communication skills to work with colleagues and being customer-oriented
- Conceptual thinker with a creative mind
- Heart for technology and engineering background
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to keep the helicopter view
- Good language and documenting skills
- Pragmatism to handle conflicting requirements and combine challenging wishes of the customer to a manufacturable and cost-effective product
- Critical attitude
- Preferably a multidisciplinary interest and broad knowledge
- Decisive, ability to make high level design choices
- Strong communication skills
Pros and cons
- Flexible way of working
- Responsibilities, not tasks
- No two days are the same
- Free gym at work
- Coffee consumption slowly and steadily rises
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.