Servicing the complete Prodrive factory
As Service Engineer you are responsible for the execution of the service process. Products that are returned by our customers and which are suspected as defect need to be analyzed in order to come to a diagnosis about the problem. Afterwards the product needs to be repaired, a root cause analysis should be performed and a service report stating the diagnosis, the repair information and the corrective actions needs to be conducted. Besides that, also complex failures from our production department need to be serviced. In order to perform the investigations, you have a state-of-the art tools, test systems and lab equipment at your disposal. The main responsibility of the service engineer is to provide feedback about the root cause of the problem. You are one of the key players in improving overall quality, which is part of our DNA.
On my way to Prodrive I notice I’m thinking about the investigation I couldn’t finish yesterday. Once I arrive at Prodrive Technologies I directly get to the 25kW power amplifier I was investigating. I start to adjust the test setup to perform some measurements. This amplifier was returned from the customer, with a complaint that it didn’t meet all specifications on output. In order to find what is the defect, I need to analyze the schematics of the product and measure signals and component values. When I just had a break-trough in the investigation and am getting close to finding the root cause, I get a call from production. A test system seems to be broken, since an hour ago none of the products that are tested passes the test. I need to quit my investigation for now and check out what is wrong with the test system, keeping production up and running is top priority. After performing several tests and checking the internal circuitry of the test system, I have found that one of the cables is worn out due to extensive use. I fix the cable and communicate with a Support engineer from production to have periodic preventive maintenance on this test system to prevent this failure in the future. I go back to my investigation, where was I? After a few measurements, I’m convinced I found the component causing the defect. I disassemble the PCB, replace the defect component with one of our soldering stations. After reassembling the PCB, I test the product again. It works! I finish my day by writing a small report of my investigation and measurement results for our quality department and customer.
When I just had a break-trough in the investigation, I get an urgent call from production
Service engineer profile
- BSc, BEng or MSc in Electrical engineering or Applied physics or a related technical education
Pros and cons
- Learning a lot about different technologies, you can work on products ranging from low-cost commodities to high-end medical equipment
- A very dynamic work environment, at one moment you’re investigating a product, the other moment you get called to repair a test system at production
- A nice balance between practical work such as soldering and testing, and theoretical investigations
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.