Information Security Specialist
I started at Prodrive in my third year of studying ICT, with a part-time service desk job. With the freedom to choose what I wanted to work on, I found fixing security issues to be the most fun. After a while, I was given the opportunity to shape the IT security program. That’s a great responsibility, but with a lot of freedom and a great team, this motivated me to really challenge myself and produce something great.
Today, I want to implement a few safeguards for our endpoint protection software. First thing this morning on my agenda is a meeting I attend from home. The incident response team goes through the incidents they investigated over the last week. We discuss any policy changes we need to make.
Around 10 AM, I arrive at work. A colleague asks me to help investigate an alert; there’s a weird device with no identifiable information attempting a brute force. After a bit of investigating, I managed to find the owner of a notebook connected to the same switch. He tells me that it’s probably an issue with the product he’s developing. We troubleshoot the issue together and I mark the alert as resolved.
I sit down at my desk and join a meeting to discuss a restructuring of our permissions structure. After some minor changes, the plan is approved, and the team can begin implementing the new structure. This will make it more secure and make managing the permissions a lot more manageable.
Pros and cons
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.