Kubernetes Software Engineer
I always come to the office on Tuesday and Thursday as this is the day the rest of the team works on-site as well. It is great to work remotely however, it is also nice to have some days where you can collaborate directly with colleagues.
To start my day, I usually start by checking my email and looking at meeting invitations. After that, I take some time to process all my assigned pull requests and prepare for the stand-up meeting.
It is great to see how the team is progressing during the standups and any difficulties with certain tasks are brought up in these meetings. One of these challenges is assuring that the cluster provisioning is performed consistently as it involves a lot of processes like installing operating systems and configuring networking.
I currently work on a project called Prodrive Kubernetes Services (PKS). It is a platform that provides a web interface to run containerized applications. PKS streamlines all the tedious tasks of Kubernetes like provisioning clusters, networking, and configuring storage classes in a few simple clicks. It is great to be able to work with the latest technologies like Kubernetes which are actively being developed and improved. Recently, I have been working on networking relating tasks like IP assignment to nodes and the automation of cluster provisioning.
Prodrive gives you to freedom to choose the project that you are interested in. It can be anything from embedding programming to web development. Prodrive provides you with the opportunity to grow as an individual alongside great colleagues. Since I joined Prodrive, I have gained a great amount of knowledge and experience.
Progress within Prodrive is achieved with mutual trust and individual responsibility.
Pros and cons
Working with the latest technologies
Freedom and flexibility regarding working hours and projects
Prodrive gaming events are hard to win (Prodrive has too many pro gamers)
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.