As a Sales Manager for region Japan, you the regional responsible for product sales at Prodrive Technologies. You will be working from our regional office in Toranomon, Tokyo and your activities include sales and business development management and being the linking pin between our Japanese customers and our internal products, project teams, operations and legal. In this way, you will be responsible to engage new customers for our highly innovative products in the Automotive, Semiconductor and Medical markets.
Bridging the gap between the Netherlands and Japan, that is what my job is all about. Even though we develop highly innovative and groundbreaking solutions, this gap still has to be bridged in order to portray the right image towards our Japanese customers and potential customers.
What motivates me in my work, is the combination of flexibility and ownership that I receive by the organization. Doing things is the way that I feel best. Analyzing the Japanese market, making decisions on where to focus on and where not. Deciding to exhibit on tradeshows and arranging those tradeshows. Visiting all these different places for a first encounter with new potential customers and aligning on the market status with my sales colleagues in the Netherlands. Really taking our footprint to Japan by establishing our local entity and office here. Doing this, and doing this in my own way, and every year looking back on the achieved results. That is what makes me tick.
As we keep growing in the Japanese market, we need new people joining our office in Tokyo (Toranomon). New bridge builders between the team in the Netherlands and our Japanese customers. People with good English and Japanese skills, and a passion for technology.
Doing things that really matter, having a real impact and seeing the results. This is what really drives me. In this way, Prodrive was a perfect fit for me.
Sales manager profile
BSc, BEng or MSc Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering
Master the English language -- Dutch is a plus
Proactive and enterprising
Experience in sales (not required)
Affinity with commerce and technology
Authorized to work in the US (for Boston/Canton Branch applicants only)
Pros and cons
Flexible working hours
Responsibility & ownership
Young and enthusiastic colleagues
Variety of markets and products
Working together with crazy enthusiastic Dutch colleagues can be overwhelming at first.
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Overtime hours can be completely paid out
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.