The Rotating Motors and Actuators product line focuses on cutting edge motoring and actuating solutions. We develop advanced technology solutions for the automotive, industrial and medical markets, which ranges from high speed motors and generators (such as electrically assisted turbochargers and blower applications with active magnetic bearings) to high precision or high speed rotating actuators.
I like designing things that are on the edge of what’s technologically possible, while still being practical enough to be able to bring it to the masses. For me, this usually means pushing materials and designs to their limits, or working with suppliers to go even beyond those limits. This frequently involves having discussions with colleagues and customers to define goals for the products we’re designing. Getting a feel of what’s actually important to customers, and what’s not, also plays a big role in this.
Overall, these goals usually still remain very ambitious, so I usually spend my days doing research and figuring out ways to achieve them. This may seem simple, but it’s not, because we want to design a product that’s competitively priced, but also outperforms the competition. This means designing to achieve the highest power density, best dynamic performance, highest energy efficiency and lowest production cost. These are obviously conflicting characteristics, so usually I end up drafting multiple concepts until I end up with one that meets our goals the best.
After choosing the final concept, I start with the actual design, going from concept to actual functional prototypes. Once these prototypes are available, I thoroughly put them through their paces together with the rest of the team. This allows us to check if we achieved all the goals we set for the product, and adjust the design if necessary. When no further adjustments are necessary, the product can go into production.
Since I’m involved with a certain product from conceptualization to full series production, I’m always doing different things. This means there’s never a dull moment at Prodrive Technologies.
Never a dull moment at Prodrive Technologies
Pros and cons
Fully flexible working hours
Developing a product from concept to production
Nice working environment
Working with talented people
Discussing products with high-profile customers
Company gym with fitness instructor
Free lunch and dinner
No pool table
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- On campus sports facilities
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.