Quality control, not a one man show
Analyzing production and field failure data gives a lot of insights and knowledge which can be used in new product designs to improve our products and reduce development time.
My working day is always different. I try to start my day with a cup of coffee, but in most cases, that’s combined with the first meeting or phone call of the day which could be about anything.
Today I started with a call from the production floor because a Technician saw deviations in the soldering process. Together with Process Engineer and the Team Leader on the production floor we defined the actions to take. Afterwards I have a call with a customer who has technical questions about a defective power amplifier. In meantime, I try to keep my mailbox up to date, which is challenging sometimes.
After lunch, I join a meeting about the reliability of our gradient amplifier family. This amplifier generates extreme peak power while being extremely accurate and reliable. These machines make my heart beats faster. For these kinds of systems, it is all about the smallest details. All disciplines are involved. This is not a one man show, it’s team effort. Being part of that, makes me proud.
At the end of the day, I have some time left to prepare myself for tomorrow. We have a kick-off meeting for another new power conversion project. I start digging in the database to identify weak spots in previous designs. Analyzing production and field failure data might sound boring but it gives a lot of insights and knowledge which can be used in new product designs to improve our products and reduce development time.
Creating state-of-the-art technical solutions for market leading customers in a high-tech production environment gives me energy
Quality engineer profile
- BSc, BEng or MSc in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering or Applied physics or a related technical education
Pros and cons
- Flexible working times
- A lot of freedom (which doesn’t mean you’re not responsible)
- With the available gym, it is easy to combine work with sports
- No temptation from smelly ‘kroketten’ and pizza slices in the canteen
- Because of the low average age, sometimes I feel old, while I’m not of course
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.