Application Software Engineer
I get to the office and head straight to the coffee machine to start my morning. A small chat with a team member in the kitchen pantry about a nasty bug that we encountered yesterday - is a must.
Returning to my desk, and after the first sip of coffee - I am ready for work. I check my emails and see a meeting invite for a knowledge-sharing session about creating design mock-ups in Adobe XD. Mark accepted, definitely will be helpful to check out the tips and tricks for it.
I check out the new pull requests to review before heading to our morning stand-up meeting. Getting up to date with the progress of the team members, planning for the day – the meeting goes as usual. Afterward, I decided to get another coffee and some snacks and work on the implementation of a new feature for processing job applications. Can’t wait to finish it since I know it will boost the hiring process and help bring even more talented people to the company. Headphones with some music to concentrate.
I dive out of the code when a fellow developer Petar drops by my office room asking if I want to go to lunch now. I didn’t even notice it was lunchtime already! Full speed to canteen since it’s burrito day, discussing the new marvel movies on the way.
A meeting with the customer in the afternoon to verify some requirements, a pair programming session to tackle some issues and it’s time to wrap the day up…
…Or so I thought. It’s 22:35, I am at home and feel bored. Suddenly I have a brilliant idea about how I can improve the feature I was working on today! To not miss this wave of inspiration, I connect to my work laptop remotely, clock in, and do some coding. Paid extra working hours for me and a big improvement for the system! Satisfied, I head to bed, excited to tell everyone about my cool code improvement during tomorrow’s stand-up meeting.
Perfect environment for enthusiastic people who are in love with software development
Application Software Engineer profile
BSc, BEng or MSc in Computer Science or related study
ASP.NET, .NET, C#, F#, SQL, TypeScript, HTML, LESS/CSS and WPF
Pros and cons
Freedom and flexibility for working hours, projects, and decision-making process
Amazing enthusiastic and responsible colleagues
Gadgets, free food, paid excess work hours
Hard to go home when enjoying the work so much
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- On campus sports facilities
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.