Successful project management in automotive product development
The transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy for vehicles is happening. The Power Conversion product line Vehicle Electrification is key in this transition, encompassing everything that is required to make vehicles move towards the future. From design and control of full electric HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems to high speed motors supporting fuel cell applications, we are committed to make it happen.
Every day is a completely different day at Prodrive Technologies. Depending on your agenda you can start whenever it suits you best! As a project manager you have a lot of contact with people during the day: engineers, purchasers, customers and so on. Achieving goals with your team in an environment where everything is possible makes project management a very stimulating role within Prodrive Technologies.
I have a background in mechanical engineering and currently I’m working on a product for an electric car with an 800V drive train. The customer of this product is one of the top three suppliers of all the big car manufacturers. Therefore, I’m involved in a lot of automotive processes. One of them is the validation process. This process has recently been finished for our first prototype, where we validate the product against several (extreme) tests. Apart from the technical activities, communication is a key element during the project to achieve goals together with the customer and the team. The combination of working with people and operating in an engineering environment such as Prodrive Technologies is what gives me energy!
The combination of working with people and engineering is what gives me energy
Project manager profile
- BSc, BEng or MSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic, Industrial engineering or Physics
- Strong communication skills
- Being able to keep overview
- Generalist, not specialist
Pros and cons
- Flexible working hours in combination with free lunch and dinner
- Large amounts of responsibility from day one
- Application of innovating technologies
- Having most engineering disciplines in-house, and likewise for production
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.