The high-vacuum linear motors are used in semiconductor production tools. Accuracies of these machines are in the nano meter range. Any disturbance by heat, magnetic field or out gassing in vacuum influences the sensitive processes. Therefore the design and production of the vacuum motors is taken one step further. The motors have strict mechanical tolerances to achieve maximum efficiency and mechanical features are added to make them vacuum compatible. Their magnetic design minimizes the magnetic field at the outside of the motor. All materials are measured and selected specifically for low out gassing in vacuum. The goal of this product line is to deliver high-quality vacuum motors with the right performance for the right price.
One of my daily concerns is to check the feasibility of magnetic designs. As the customer requested to change the design of our vacuum motor, I proposed to build a simulation model of the magnetic field at the outside of the vacuum motors. Because the overall field strength must remain lower than the earth magnetic field, I am analyzing whether this change will increase the magnetic field. I make sure that every effect on the field strength is taken into account in order to achieve the right predictions.
While simulations are running I meet with Ron, one of our mechanical engineers in the vacuum motor project, and Nick, our production engineer who is an expert in the potting process. We discuss on how to improve the potting tool we used to manufacture the prototypes of the vacuum motors. We have some ideas on how to make the mechanical tolerances of the motors even better, so we draw a new concept for the tool on the sketch board in the meeting room.
After a nice lunch the simulation results of the magnetic field are ready and I make a presentation out of them to show to the customer.
In the afternoon I am working on a different project. It is also an actuator for a semiconductor customer, only this is a completely different application. I like the fact that you can get a lot of different experiences in different projects.
Around 5 PM, I get on my bike and go home, another good day at Prodrive Technologies.
I like that you can get a lot of different experiences in different projects
Pros and cons
Both theoretical to practical aspects
Flexibility of working hours
A lot of responsibility
Freedom in work
Provisioning of free lunch and dinner
Collecting too many air miles on long airplane rides to customers in Asia
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for those eager to develop themselves and take full responsibility for a project.
- Many opportunities for personal and professional development, along with the flexibility to explore diverse roles across various projects.
- A young and dynamic culture which stimulates innovative thinking and taking initiatives.
- Personal budget just for you to learn new things. Your growth is our priority.
- Flexibility of a 24/7 work environment with provided lunch, dinner, and access to our company gym.
- Personalized development plan to craft your future.
- You will receive essential tools if these are necessary to perform your job (i.e. iPhone and laptop).
- On-campus sports facilities enable you to incorporate exercise seamlessly into your work routine.
- A performance-driven salary that grows with your accomplishments.
- Unlock the opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur within the company.
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive Technologies.
- Work-life balance with at least 33 vacation days per year.
- Access a retirement plan.
- Your journey with us starts with a swift review of your application by one of our recruiters.
- In some cases, if we see a potential fit, you will receive an exclusive link to our online aptitude test to assess if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will schedule a personal interview not only to determine if your skills match the job, but also to see if there is a spark between you and Prodrive Technologies.
- To complete the application journey we will send you a suitable offer and once you sign, we can welcome you to the Prodrive Technologies family.