Producing powerful magnets for our products
At the Magnetics department, everything from coil winding to encapsulation and magnet gluing happens.
Because this department is relatively new, new products and prototypes are introduced on a regular basis. Lately, the development of the linear motors is going very well, meaning that production will increase as well.
In 2015 I started working at the magnetics department. We started off small, but the magnetics department has grown larger over the years. Currently, we have an impregnation machine, 2 potting machines, 3 connector welding machines and 13 coil winding machines operating almost around the clock.
My expertise is the encapsulation process. This means I’m not only responsible for the products within this process, but also for the machines that are used. I write maintenance plans for the machines, I’m the contact person for our suppliers and I review products with the development teams. Because of the rapid growth of the company, I’m constantly looking for ways to improve our productivity and quality of products.
One of the best things about my jobs is the diversity, not only of our products, but of our processes as well. The processes of magnetics are intertwined, so I work closely with my colleagues Rens and Joey, who are also Support Engineers.
With the new magnetic elevator (MULTI) project coming up, we are facing several challenges in all processes, so teamwork is key. Our strength is not defined by individuals, but by how all those individuals work together as a team.
Our strength is not defined by individuals, but by how all those individuals work together as a team
Support engineer profile
- MBO, BSc or BEng in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering or Applied physics or a related technical education
- Hands-on attitude
- Analytical skills
- Working in 2 shifts
- Good communication skills
Pros and cons
- Young and enthusiastic colleagues
- Flexibility of hours
- Variety of markets and products
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.