Working on a high-end audio & video distribution solution over IP
AVIDIS is a low latency audio/video distribution solution over IP, applicable for several types of markets and applications. Prodrive Technologies supplies the hardware and the software as an off the shelf product. The video quality is 4K60 and can offer any required communication/control interface. The product is highly configurable to meet all the demands of a customer’s application. Think about KVM, matrix displays, video walls and multi-view applications.
When I was looking for a place to graduate, Prodrive Technologies caught my attention. I visited Prodrive Technologies and had a nice conversation with the product architects about the assignment they had in mind.
For AVIDIS, there was the need to automate the testing of all image processing functions (e.g. scaling, filtering etc.) that are used within the AVIDIS products. All image processing implementations (in firmware) are verified bitwise with the developed reference model. This simulation is included in the Continuous Integration (CI) environment to verify the quality of the firmware and software implementation. What I liked most about this assignment is that it does not only cover programming, but also diving deep in the hardware implementation and video processing algorithms. After my graduation, I continued to work on this simulation model for a while.
Next thing was developing an additional layer of security to the products we deliver to our AVIDIS customers. This means communication needs to be encrypted using the latest techniques and a form of authentication needs to be added. I did research on the best practices and then I designed the new secure communication protocol.
Currently I am finishing up my security part and, in the meantime, I am building new test setups for AVIDIS and for another project. Creating a test plan, gathering all needed hardware and creating test software are now my daily tasks.
Having responsibilities instead of tasks
Software engineer profile
- BSc, BEng or MSc in Computer Science
- For Front-end: ASP.NET, .NET, C#, TypeScript, HTML, LESS/CSS and WPF
- For Back-end: .NET, C#, F#, SQL and WCF
- For Embedded: C/C++ for DSPs/MCUs at a low software level, implementing control loops and microcontrollers like ARM (Cortex-M) or TI C2000 etc.
Pros and cons
- Free lunch and dinner
- Work with awesome hardware
- Having responsibilities instead of tasks
- Nice and smart colleagues
- Make my own lunch in the weekends
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.