As a Technical support engineer for the region Japan, you will be the main technical interface with our Japanese customers, and are responsible to achieve good technical alignment between our development team, and major Japanese customers in the semiconductor, medical and automotive market, during important milestones (product integrations) and technical alignment meetings in the sales and development trajectories of new and on-going projects.
Bridging the gap between the Netherlands and Japan, that is what my job is all about. Even though we develop highly innovative and groundbreaking solutions, this gap still has to be bridged in order to portray the right image towards our Japanese customers and potential customers to establish and continuously expand our business in Japan.
What motivates me in my work, is the combination of flexibility and ownership that I receive by the organization. Doing things in the way that I feel is best. Analyzing the Japanese market, making decisions on where to focus on and where not. Deciding to exhibit on tradeshows and arranging those tradeshows. Visiting all these different places for a first encounter with new potential customers and aligning on the market status with my sales colleagues in the Netherlands. Really taking our footprint to Japan by establishing our local entity and office here. Doing this, particularly in my own way, and every year looking back on the achieved results. That is what makes me tick.
As we keep growing in the Japanese market, we need new people joining our office in Tokyo (Toranomon). New bridge builders between the team in the Netherlands and our Japanese customers. People with good English and Japanese skills, and a passion for technology.
Doing things that really matter, having a real impact and seeing the results. This is what really drives me. In this way, Prodrive was a perfect fit for me.
Pros and cons
Responsibility & ownership
Flexible working hours
Young and enthusiastic colleagues
Variety of markets and products
Working together with crazy enthusiastic Dutch colleagues can be a bit overwhelming at first.
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.