Hi there! My name is Jelle, I am a designer at Prodrive Technologies and currently, an architect within a project focused on hydrogen. I started my career at Prodrive Technologies as a part-timer during my studies, and after graduating there were still plenty of opportunities to seize within the company. Therefore, I started a preliminary study for the project Hydra which is expected to have a great impact on the energy transition. Want to know more about my part in all this? Hear me out!
At the moment I work closely together with engineers from different disciplines, such as software, hardware, power electronics, and mechanics. As an architect, it is my job to align all those pieces created by different specialists and to make sure that these parts eventually fit into one integral system.
“I must say, it is a complex process”
And our team is merely focused on a subpart of an electrolyzer plant, a system that produces hydrogen. We create a power supply that is connected to the medium voltage network, to convert the power in such a way that is usable for electrolysis. We are dealing with a high level of power (Megawatt range) which is required for hydrogen factories that will be built in the future. Ultimately, the goal is to generate the greenest energy, for example, by using a solar panel park during peak times when there are many energy surpluses. This is a generic concept called ‘peak shaving’ to use the surplus specifically to make hydrogen, which in turn can for instance be used in the process industry as a substitute for gas. In that way, hydrogen will be an energy carrier based on green energy surpluses and will be a major player in the energy transition.
“I am proud to be part of the creation of technologies that have an impact on a global scale.”
It is very contemporary and relevant, and it will be great once hydrogen forms an indispensable part of today’s society in providing energy. To achieve all this, we need to talk with potential customers and find out their needs and comply with laws and regulations at the same time. With our in-house knowledge, I am convinced that we can offer a great technical solution to parties, as we provide much better-quality power which is less disruptive to the grid. I can proudly say that I contributed to that.” As a proud Prodriver, Jelle already shared his story during an interview with Eindhovens Dagblad, a daily newspaper for the Eindhoven region. “I immediately said yes to the interview, since it was a great opportunity to showcase our company that we are continuously building together and to share our developments.”
“Prodrive Technologies is a unique workplace where different disciplines can easily connect.”
There are many competencies namely, various technical disciplines, production lines, and test facilities, all this under one roof. I think it is unique and very valuable that we can easily connect with other disciplines because we have almost everything in-house. Besides, you quickly get involved in the projects and are challenged to think about large parts of complex systems. Everyone’s critical opinion is appreciated. At the same time, Prodrive Technologies is growing extremely fast, and processes need to be constantly improved to keep up. In other words, there are still many challenges ahead of us.
“What it takes to be a Prodriver is to be super proactive.”
It is not necessary that you already know everything. When you work on things you never worked on before, you need to find and consult people who did. In order to find solutions to complex issues, you need to investigate and try things. Perhaps it is an iterative process as well, you may have to repeat it ten times before you succeed, but the proactive attitude remains essential to a Prodriver.
Would you also like to be a major player at Prodrive Technologies? Apply now!
Everyone’s critical opinion is appreciated.
Pros and cons
High level of technical competencies in the company
Advanced and progressive approach to technical solutions
Wide range of projects in various disciplines
The work will make you lose track of time
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Overtime hours can be completely paid out
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 33 vacation days
- Retirement plan
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application within 5 working days.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise.
- If we want to make you an offer and there's enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.