Placing millions of components per year while making sure they work well
At the Conventional PCB Assembly Line (CAL) millions of components are sorted, prepared, placed and soldered on PCBs using a mix of (semi)automated equipment. High on the agenda are automation of processes (production and inspection) to deal with the challenges of a steadily increasing product complexity.
How can we run our current operations in a smarter way? Which new production technologies are hot and how will they fit into our strategy and way of working? How should we organize your process in Boston? How will you manage the integration of this new machinery?
Just a few topics which arise in my daily life. It can be quite challenging to keep all the balls in the air, but I can always trust on the dedication and helpfulness of my skilled colleagues. Together with people from other departments I make sure that a part of Prodrive's production process works like a well-oiled machine.
Linking all the different aspects of a (production) process is what makes my job a lot of fun. It requires in-depth technical knowledge while taking into mind the bigger picture – a complex challenge, but a rewarding one!
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always got
Process engineer profile
- BSc, BEng or MSc in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Industrial Engineering or Applied physics or a related technical education
- Strong analytical skills
- Hands-on attitude
Pros and cons
- Freedom to take ownership and apply own way of working
- Working with the latest production technologies
- Prodrive really takes care of their people
- There are so many interesting challenges you must become picky
The Prodrive Technologies Mindset
You don’t just go to work, you feel responsible for your project
You decide when, where and how much you want to work
You like to think about manufacturability when designing
You don’t sit and wait, you have a hands-on mentality
0Employees, of which 1300 fulltime
0Annual growth over the last 20 years
0Average age of our employees
0The year Prodrive Technologies was founded
What we offer
- Perfect environment for people willing to take full responsibility in a project
- Unlimited growth opportunities and freedom in taking different roles in different projects
- We are open 24/7 and provide lunch, dinner and a company gym
- Young and dynamic culture
- Unlimited personal budget for training courses, classes or studies
- We keep management positions to a minimum, so there is virtually no hierarchy
- Create your future with your own personal development plan
- Tools and equipment such as an iPhone, iPad and laptop
- The flexibility to work wherever and how much you want
- Salary that grows with your performance
- Opportunity to become a shareholder and entrepreneur in the company
- Travel allowance based on the days you are actually at Prodrive
- 31 Holidays
- Money for retirement
- Distribution of profits
- We’ll take a look at your application as soon as possible.
- You will receive a link to Prodrive Technologies’ online aptitude test to see if you’re up for the challenge.
- We will set you up for a personal interview to ask you difficult questions about yourself. Afterwards, others will ask you some more difficult questions about your expertise. We will immediately decide if we will make you an offer after the interviews.
- When there’s enough time left, we will discuss employment conditions directly after the interviews.
- If you survived everything, only your signature stands between you and being a Prodriver.